- Okra /Ladies finger- 15 to 20
- Shallots /pearl onions - 15 .
- Mustard Seed -1/4 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies -2
- Curry leaves -a Spring
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut -1/4 cup (shredded)
- G.chillies - 2
- Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind - a small piece
- Shallots /Pearl onions- 2 or 3
- Grind the Coconut ,g.chillies,cumin, turmeric ,tamarind ,shallots to a very coarse paste..just give it 2 pulses in the mixie..
- In a Pan heat coconut oil and saute shallot , okra and salt ,saute in medium flame untill okra is cooked completely or untill the stickyness is completely gone.it will take approx 10 mins .stir in between..
- Once okra is cooked add ground coconut paste and sprinkle come water and cook till masala is cooked and raw smell goes..
- Now For tempering add coconut oil ,fry mustard seed ,red chillies and curry leaves pour over okra avial
- Now our Okra Avial is ready ...can be had as an side dish for white rice or for chappati... Enjoy :)
This is new to me...never tried aviyal of okra....will give a try sometime...Thanks for the recipe...
Thats an interesting and healthy stir fry, fantastic..
Good Food Recipes
Coffe With Me Deepthi
Nice clicks of avial..new version too!Thanx for sharing.
wow dear okra and the masala sounds good.....
I don't cook with coconut much but this looks so tempting...thanks for the recipe..will try this sometime soon.
Delicious aviyal..drool worthy,will surely give this a try.
The method is so simple n dish looks yummy. Puthu template nalla irukku chitra, photos-a palichinnu katuthu.
Wow .. love okra .. avial sounds even yummy.
Nice recipe,nice space.ad to know u are a Sagittarian like me.
Lovely curry..aviyal with okra sounds really new and looks exotic. Will try this Chitra.
Looks so yummm!!! The okras are cooked perfectly ;)
looks delicious and u have a wonderful blog .....
thanks Chitra for stopping by. Loving ur recipes too
good version of the aviyal !
thanks u all guys for ur loving comments
first time here,enjoyed your space..this okra avial looks so tempting n the recipe also very interesting should try this version soon...glad to follow you..
if time permits do visit my space..i am a beginner :)
Your space is lovely!I am your latest follower of your wonderful blog and would also like to invite you to follow my blog if you like! :)
Lovely combo, never tried it, looks delicious. Have to try this nxt time.
Tried your okra aviyal...it's so yummy n we all lived it...full of flavor too good ...thanx for sharing such a lively recipe...y u r not posting any recipes now-a-days?? do share your recipes...eagerly waiting for more yummy delights from u...take care n back with a bang :)
Post a Comment