- Kari chakka / Baby jackfruit - 1/2 fruit
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder -1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2tsp
- Coriander powder -1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
- Mustard seed - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - a Spring
- Slice the kari chakkai..Cook it by adding enough water and salt.Make sure it's not over cooked.Drain the excess water.
- In a pan add oil.and mustard seed and wait till it splutters.Now add the cooked chakka and all the spice powder mentioned above .and mix well add more oil if needed .
- cook covered for 5 mins in low flame.stir it every 5 mins tilll it is cooked fully and the raw smell of masala goes.the chakka should be slighty brown and crispy.
It's a very simple dish .goes well with white rice,paruppu ,sambar,curd rice etc...