- Dry fish (medium size) - 4 or 5
- Onion - 1 or 2 (medium size)
- Tomato -1
- R.Chilli powder -2tsp
- Coriander Powder -2tsp
- Cumin Powder -1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder -1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder -1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves
Soak the Dry fish in water for 10 to 15 mins ...once soaked peel of the skin and remove the center bone.wash it off .then rub these with little salt and wash again...
- In a pan heat oil ,add the curry leaves and onion saute for few mins till onions becomes translucent..
- Now add chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder,pepper powder ,salt,and saute till raw smell goes...
- Add the tomatoes and saute for few mins..
- Now add in Dry fish and mix well in the masala..
5. Once the dry fish is mixed well add litlle oil and fry for few more minute.
6. Add water and cook cover till fish is cooked completely...
7. Cook uncovered till all the excess water evaporates ...
Can be served with hot rice accompanied with some seafood gravy...this taste good with dosas also...