- Mutton - 1/2 kg
- Shallots Chopped - 1 cup
- Tomato - 1
- Ginger Garlic paste -1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tsp
- Red Chillie Powder -3 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Garlic Chopped - 3 big pods
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Poppy seeds -1 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1tsp
- Roasted Split Channa Dal (Pottu kadalai in tamil) - 1 tsp
To Season :-
- Cinnamon -2 small pieces
- Clove -2
- Fennel seeds- 1tsp
- Bayleaf - 1
- Curry Leaves - a Spring
- In a pressure cooker heat oil and saute the chopped shallots in it till transparent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes//
- Add in tomatoes and saute till tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Now add chilli powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder..and fry till oil ouches out..
- Now add in the cleaned mutton pieces and add salt...
- Pressure cook it till 3 whistles in high or untill its done...open the cooker once all the pressure is released by itself.
7. In another pan add oil and season it with things given "To Season" .
8. Add in the cooked mutton gravy and cook for few mins...
9. Grind the ingrediants given " To Grind" to a smooth paste..
10. Add this to the Gravy and cook uncovered till all water evaporates..
This recipe is little different from what we normally do at home... this recipe is adapted from solai aunty's . I have tried so many recipes from her blog and all are traditional chettinad recipes....i love it...each time it will be a big hit ...i still have few recipes in my draft from her blog...so friends do try this out, you will not be disappointed..
Serve hot with rice ,biriyanis,chappathi,roti ,dosa,idli anything....it will go very well with any dish...and it will taste so good everyone will love it....enjoy:)