- Black Eye Peas / Kaaramani- 1 cup
- Onion -1/2 ( medium size)
- Tomato - 2
- Green Chillies - 2 ( add more or less according to spice preference)
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 3/4 to 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala -1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/ 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Lime / lemon Juice -1 tsp
- Coriander leaves /Cilantro - A Small Bunch
Soak the Black Eye Peas in water overnight..and pressure cook it till soft( add little salt while pressure cooking it) and don't waste the water...Drain the peas and save the stock for later use...
Take this mixture to a blender and make a fine paste of it..
Now add the Stock ( water from the cooked peas,this gives more flavor to the dish) and mix well.
Let this Gravy come to a boil and reach the desired consistency..
Now add the chopped coriander leaves and lime juice before switching off the stove.
This curry goes Very well with flavored rice , roti , paratta ,naan , idli ,dosa etc..