- Butter - 2 sticks (@ room temperature)
- Powdered Sugar / Confectioner sugar - 2 cups
- Vanilla Extarct - 1/2 tsp
- Bring the butter to room temperature...it's very important for the butter to be soft.
- Now using a Stand Mixer or hand held mixer beat the butter till soft and fluffy..
- Now add the powdered sugar 1/2 a cup at a time and mix again till well incorporated ..do this till all the sugar is mixed..
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well..
- Now the Icing will be in a spreadable consistency..which will be perfect to frost the cake..
- But refrigerate this Icing for atleast 2 hrs before using it to decorate the cake .
- Perfect icing to decorate some cakes and cupcakes is ready ...
- The leftover Icing can be stored in an airtight box and be refrigerated..this will be good for few months atleast..