- Wheat Flour - 1 cup
- Rice flour -1/2 cup
- Water -3.5 cups to 4 cups
- Onion - 1/2 small
- Ginger - 1 inch piece(chopped)
- G.chillies -1(chopped finely)
- Cumin -1 tsp
- Hing - a pinch
- Curry leaves -1 0r 2 leaves (chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 1tsp
- In a pan add oil once it's hot add cumin curry leaves,onion,ginger ,g.chillies, coriander leaves saute till onion becomes translucent..
- for the batter ,mix wheat ,rice flour,salt mix well.Now add water u'll need 4 cups...the batter should be thinner than dosa batter...
- Now add the onion mixture to the batter and check for salt...
- Now place the dosa griddle ...once the griddle is hot.pour the batter from outwards to inwards.don't spread it with the laddle.sprinkle some oil along the edges if u want a crispy dosa..
- Now place a lid and cook cover for 1 min or less..(until u see the edges turn light brown)
- Now reverse the dosa and cook uncovered till the other side is cooked too...
- serve with idli podi ,chutney or u can avoid all side dishes and enjoy the dosa as such..
- The dosa griddle should be piping hot
- The consistency of the batter is very important.if it is little thicker then ur dosa will not come properly.
- Once u pour the batter in the griddle .u should see bubbles in the batter.
I'm sending this to srivalli's Breakfast mela