- Okra / Ladies finger - 10 to 15
- Onion - 1 Small
- Tomato -1/2 no
- Fenugreek seed -1/2 tsp
- Sambar Powder -1 tsp
- Hing - a pinch
- Mustard seed-1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - a spring
- Oil-3 tbsp
- In a pan add oil and add mustard seed and wait till it splutters.
- Add fenugreek seeds,Curry leaves and fry for few mins.
- Now add Onion and salt cook till it becomes translucent and soft.
- Add the ladies finger /Okra saute in medium flame for 5 mins.
- Now cook covered in medium flame for another 5 mins .stirring in between.
- At this stage the onion will be slightly brown .
- Add the tomatoes and cook covered for 5 mins.
- Sprinkle little water and cook till water evaporates.
- Add sambar powder and hing and salt .
- Fry till raw smell goes..
- Serve with rice,chappathi, dosa etc.best served with rice and sambar
This recipe is very simple, but make sure that Okra is cooked properly if not it will be sticky.So make sure to give it some time while sauting ..