- Coconut -1 cup (Grated)
- Dry Red Chillies - 2 or 3
- Roasted Bengal Gram / Pottukadalai (in tamil)- 2tsp
- Garlic pod -1 small
- Tamarind - 1 small piece
- Hing - a pinch
- Mustard Seed -1/2 tsp
- Urad dal -1/4tsp
- Red Chillies-1
- Grind all the ingrediants given for grinding into a smooth paste.Try to add very little water or no water. this chutney should be thick.
- Now add the oil in the pan, once oil is hot add the mustard seeds and let it splutter,add urad dal and fry till slight brown, add red chillies and curry leaves
- Pour the tempering over the chutney and serve it with dosa,uttappam,idlis etc...