- Wheat flour /Atta - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Mix the wheat flour , rice flour ,baking soda and salt.
- Add water little by little and make a stiff dough.this dough must be thicker than chappathi dough.
- make small round balls and flatten the ball to the desired thickness. it should be little thicker than chappati.
- Once u flatten the balls.we can trim the edges of the poori to get the perfect round shape..i use the lid of a box. or can use knife to trim the edges. or for kids u can make different shapes like stars ,square, etc..
- Deep fry this in hot oil.press the poorilightly with the back of the spoon.this will help the poori to puff up.once the poori turns light brown .remove it and strain the excess oil..
- Serve with potato masala ....
I'm sending this post to Srivalli's Breakfast Mela