- Okra /Ladies finger- 15 to 20
- Shallots /pearl onions - 15 .
- Mustard Seed -1/4 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies -2
- Curry leaves -a Spring
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut -1/4 cup (shredded)
- G.chillies - 2
- Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind - a small piece
- Shallots /Pearl onions- 2 or 3
- Grind the Coconut ,g.chillies,cumin, turmeric ,tamarind ,shallots to a very coarse paste..just give it 2 pulses in the mixie..
- In a Pan heat coconut oil and saute shallot , okra and salt ,saute in medium flame untill okra is cooked completely or untill the stickyness is completely gone.it will take approx 10 mins .stir in between..
- Once okra is cooked add ground coconut paste and sprinkle come water and cook till masala is cooked and raw smell goes..
- Now For tempering add coconut oil ,fry mustard seed ,red chillies and curry leaves pour over okra avial
- Now our Okra Avial is ready ...can be had as an side dish for white rice or for chappati... Enjoy :)