- Carrot -1 small
- Onion -1 medium
- Garlic pods -3 or 4
- Green chillies -2 or 3
- Ginger - small piece
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Hing - a big pinch
- Urad dal -1 tsp
- Coriander leaves -2 or 3 stems
- Curry leaves - a spring
- Sesame seed oil
- In a pan heat oil and fry the urad dal till it turns slightly brown.
- Add in sliced onions and grated carrots.green chillies.saute till onion becomes translucent...
- Now add in coriander leaves and curry leavesand coconut ..
- Saute for few more mins ..add hing,salt.
- And grind it to a smooth paste.
- Now in another pan add oil and season with mustard seeds,curry leaves and dried red chillies..
- Pour this seasoning over the chutney.
- Serve hot with fluffy steaming idli or hot crispy dosaa...yum yum
This chutney is little different from the normal spicy chutney we prepare , this has little sweetness from the carrot & spicy with g.chillies and a nice aroma from the curry leaves and coriander leaves. i loved the sweet and spicy combination...