- Butter -1/2 cup (@ room temperature)
- Sugar -1/2 cup
- Eggs -2
- Lemon zest -1 tsp
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Baking Powder -2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Red Currants - 1/2 cup
- In a bowl mix all purpose flour/ maida ,baking powder ,salt ,lemon zest .and keep it aside..
- In another bowl mix softened butter ,sugar beat untill it becomes creamy.
- Now add Eggs and beat again..
- Now add APF mix to this litttle by little and beat well..
- To this batter add the red currants and fold in gently..
- Now pour this batter in the muffin cups and bake @ 375 deg for 20 to 25 mins...or untill tooth pick inserted in the center of the muffins comes clean.
Enjoy with some nice coffee...kids will love it too...