I made this cake for my little ones 2nd birthday.....and he liked it very much...Hope u guys like it too...
- Eggs : 4 (at room temperature)
- Granulated sugar :1 cup
- Milk : 1 cup at room temperature
- Oil : 1 cup (corn, vegetable or canola is fine)
- All-purpose flour :2 cups
- Vanilla Extract : 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder :1 tablespoon (or) baking soda : 1 teaspoon
- Dark cocoa powder : 2 tablespoons (make sure it is not very bitter)
In a Big bowl add the eggs and sugar ..
In another bowl add the all purpose flour and Baking Powder / Baking Soda ( which ever your using)...and mix well..
Now add the Flour mixture to the wet ingredient 1/2 a cup at a time and beat well...do this untill all flour mixture is added to the batter.
Now the batter is ready...Now pour half of this batter in another bowl..
Add cocoa powder to other half of the batter..
Now take a small laddle full ( approx 1/4 cup) of the plain batter and pour in the center of the pan..
Preheat the oven @ 350 deg and bake for 40 mins or untill toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.. the cupcakes were ready in 10 mins...
This is the Final Product....I used a simple vanilla butter cream icing and chocolate frosting to decorate the cake...
This one to all my friends ..... Enjoy :)
Make & decorate cake the day before and refrigerate it overnight...
Sending this to these Events
- Kavi of Edible Entertainments : Jingle all the way
- Srav's CC # 5 ~ Holiday Baking
- Nupur's New year New Dish.
- Vardhini's Sinful Delights
- Radhika's Lets Cook Series ~ Baked Goodies
- Pranatinath's Yummy Desserts