- Tomato -2 medium size
- Garlic - 8 big pods
- Dry Red Chillies - 3
- Coriander leaves - few springs( i used just the stem)
- Mint leaves - just 1 or 2 (Optional)
- Hing - a pinch
- Mustard Seed - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves - a spring
- Dry Red Chillies -1
- In a pan heat oil and fry the garlic pods and dry red chillies till garlic gets slightly browned.
- Now add tomato chunks , hing ,salt and saute for few mins.
- Cook covered till tomatoes become mushy.
- Add the coriander and mint leaves and saute for a min.
5. Let this mixture cool down and then grind it to a smooth paste
6. Now for the tempering ,Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds and let it splutter and then add urad dal,
Curry leaves and dry red chillies.
7. Mix this Tempering to the chutney...
Serve this with nice crispy dosa , soft uttappams or idlis...