This is a shortcut version of the regular fried rice .Instead of preparing rice and veg separately.Here I have made it as a one pot meal,these comes in handy when we have very little time to cook . With little prep work it is a easy meal to do when in a hurry...
- Basmati Rice- 2 cups
- Green Onion /Spring Onion -2
- Garlic pods -3 big (chop finely)
- Carrot,Beans,( Frozen or cooked)Peas,Mushroom - 1 cup (all veggies mixed)
- Chilly Soy Sauce -2 tbsp
- Red Chilli paste - 3/4 tsp (can use green chilli paste also)
- Ajinomotto- 1 tsp
- Cut all veggies into small cubes
- Soak the rice for 30 mins and drain .keep it aside.
- Chop the Green /Spring onion ,keep the root portion and the green part of it seperately .
- In a pressure pan add oil .once oil become hot add the chopped garlic and the white portion of the Sping onion.Saute for few secs.
- Add the chopped vegs saute again for few more mins.
- Now add Chilly soy sauce, red chilli paste,ajinomotto ,salt and saute for few mins.
- Add water ( 3 cups) and bring it to a boil.
- Add the presoaked and drained rice,check for salt..
- Cook till 2 whistles in high flame and simmer for 5 mins and switch off and wait till the pressure is completely released.
- Serve hot .yummy veg fried rice is ready in a jiffy...enjoy:)