- Raw rice - 2 cups
- Egg -2 nos
- Coconut milk -1/2 can or 1 cup thick milk
- Soak the raw rice overnight.
- Drain the rice .
- Now Grind rice, egg,coconut milk together untill u get a very smooth batter,add water if needed...
- Add salt to batter. and use the batter right away no need to ferment .
- This batter should be thinner than appam / dosa batter.
- Now place the appa chatti (pan used to make appam) and switch on the stove .when the pan is hot ,add a small laddle of batter (just enough to cover the appa chatti )
- and swirl the appa chatti making sure to cover the inside of the pan ,and don't overlap the batter (just swirl once so that the paal adai will be soft).
- Cook covered for few secs that's all it takes as the batter is thin ..
- Now fold the appam into half and then into quaters...now do this with rest of the batter..
- serve hot with any gravy of ur choice...our family fav is with mutton curry...:)
- Consistency of the batter is very important...should be very thin...
- The pan should be hot ..
- And make sure not to overlap the batter while swirling the pan...just one coat of the batter ...this will give a soft paal aadai...