- Chicken - 5 drumsticks ( can use any chicken piece with bone)
- Onion - 1 medium size
- Tomato -1 small size
- G.chillies -1
- Ginger garlic -1 tsp
- Chilli powder -1 tsp
- Coriander powder -1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper -1 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - a spring
- Coriander leaves -2 tbsp
- Pressure cook the chicken pieces adding little turmeric and salt till 3 whistles or ntill done..debone them and keep the flesh aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add Onion,Curry leaves,G.chillies saute till transparent.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes.
- Now add the tomatoes ,salt and fry till tomatoes is cooked fully.
- Add Chilli powder + Coriander powder + Cumin powder + Turmeric powder and saute for few mins .
- Now add the deboned chicken pieces and mix well so that the masala is coated evenly.
- Now cook covered for few mins and cook uncovered till excess water evaporates
- Atlast add Pepper powder + Garam masala powder and saute again for few mins untill the color changes to deep brown .
- Garnish with coriander leaves .
This can be served with dosa ,chappathi ,rice etc...