- Potato - 2
- Onion -1 medium size
- Tomato -1
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 to 1.5 tsp
- Cloves -5
- Cardamom - 3
- Cinnamon stick - 2 small
- Star Anise -1
- Corinader Leaves
To Roast & Grind:-
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Chilli powder - 1tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds -1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - few leaves
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp chopped
- In a pan heat oil and all the ingrediants given under " To Roast & Grind " and saute for 5 mins. let it cool and grind it to a smooth paste. and keep it aside.
- In another pan heat oil add cloves ,cinnamon ,star anise, cardamom,curry leaves saute for few mins
- Add Onion saute for few mins,then add Ginger Garlic paste saute again for few mins
- Add tomato and cook covered till tomato is all cooked and mashed up.
- Add potato and water cook covered till potato becomes cooked and soft.
- Add the ground coconut paste..salt ..and let it boil till it reaches the desired consistency..
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve ...
This Curry goes well with appam ,idiyappam ,idli etc..