- Riped Mango / Mambhazham -2
- Chilli powder -1/2 to 3/4 tsp ( according to the spice level)
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Green chillies -2
- Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
- Coconut Grated - 1 cup
- Thick Curd - 1cup
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds -1/4 tsp
- Dry red chillies -1
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Grind coconut, g.chillies,cumin seeds,turmeric powder to a smooth paste.and keep it aside.
- In a pan add cubed mangoes ,chilli powder, turmeric powder,salt and litlle water,let it come to a boil.
- Add the ground coconut paste and let it boil for few mins,make sure not to over cook the mangoes.
- Now add the thick curd to this curry and switch off the stove immediately.
- In another pan heat oil and add mustard seed ,fenugreek seed ,dry red chillies and curry leaves..and pour this seasoning over the curry..
- And serve with white rice...
The sweetness of the riped mango ,sourness of the curd and spice from the chilli powder and g.chillies will complement each other nicely in this curry so it won't be too sweet becoz of the addition of mangoes.....so try this recipe for this mango season and enjoy :-)