- Broccoli -250 gms
- Palak -2 or 3 handfulls
- Onion -1 big or 2 medium
- Tomato -1
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic - 4 big pods
- Green chillies - 5
- coriander leaves - few stems
- Curry leaves -3 or 4 leaves
- Coconut grated - 2tbsp
- Poppy seeds -1 tsp
- Cashewnut -5
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/ tsp
- sugar -1 tsp
- In a pan boil water and drop the broccoli florets into it with little sakt and turmeric powder in it.let it come to a boil and cover and switch off the stove..drain broccoli and keep it aside..
- Soak poppy seeds in hot water for about 5 to 10 mins.
- In a pan add oil and saute slitted green chillies and palak for few mins and switch off the stove, to this add coconut ,poppy seeds ,cashew, coriander leaves ,curry leaves and grind it to a smooth paste
- In another pan add oil and splutter cumin seeds to this add chopped garlic and onions fry till the onion turns golden brown now add tomato ,chilli powder,coriander powder, garam masala, sugar and salt..
- Saute till the raw smell of the masala goes and cook covered till the tomato is all mashed up.
- Now add the ground paste and saute for few mins till raw smell goes add the broccoli florets.and mix well with the masala...
- Add little water and cook covered till broccoli is cooked ...
- Cook uncovered till the gravy reaches the desired consistency....
Enjoy with some Chappathi ,Roti or some flavored rice ...this is a nice rich veggie gravy...try it out and enjoy :)