- Atta /Wheat Flour - 2cups
- Water - 1 cup (lukewarm)
In a bowl add the wheat flour ,salt ,mix well .Now add in few tbsp of oil and mix well with hand.now add luke warm water to this and form a dough..it should be like chappathi dough.Make small size balls and keep it aside for 30 mins to 1 hr.
- Gently roll the dough ball into the wheat flour
- And roll out like a chappathi ,this should be a little thinner.
- Now apply oil on the rolled out dough.
- Make small folds in the dough as shown in the above pic .
- Swirl the dough holding on one end . keep it aside.
- Do this with the reminding dough.
- Keep this prepared dough covered with a damp cloth for 15 mins.
- Take the prepared dough and flatten it like u do for chappathi or roti ...this should be a little thicker..
- Cook this parrotta in a hot tawa / dosa griddle. turning both sides untill u see nice brown spots.
- Dip a tissue in little oil and gentle press the parrotta with it while cooking.
- Once done remove from tawa and apply some ghee over it and keep it in a hot case...
- Repeat this with next few parottas..
- And then place all the prepared parrotta in a flat surface .. and with both ur hands gently press them from its side...like clapping .this will show off the beautifull layers of the parrotta...but do this when it's warm.
This parrotta goes well with any veg or non veg gravy and some raitha