Recipe Source:- pioneerwomen
- All Purpose Flour - 4 cups
- Whole Milk -1 and 1/8 cup
- Sugar -1.4 cup
- Yeast - 1 pkt (2 and 1/4 tsp )
- Salt - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 1 and 1/4 stick
- Eggs -2
For the Glaze:-
- Powdered Sugar -3 cups
- Salt - a pinch
- Vanilla Esscence - 1/2 tsp
- Milk / Cool Water -1/2 cup
- Boil Milk and sugar untill sugar dissolves...let it cool..
- When the milk is slightly warm add it to the yeast and mix lightly and keep it undisturbed for 10 to 15 mins..
- After 10 mins this yeast mixture will be frothy.
- Melt butter and let it cool, once cooled add the eggs and mix well...
- Add the yeast mixture to this egg and butter mixture.
- And beat till well incorporated.
- Mix all purpose flour and salt .Add this mixture to the egg mixture little by little and form a dough.This dough will be little sticky..
5. Grease a bowl with butter or oil ..
6. Transfer the dough to this bowl and cover it with an air tight lid
7. Refrigarate it overnight.
The next day...
8. Slightly Flour the work surface.
9. Roll the dough to one inch thickness
10. Take a round cookie cutter and make circles.
11. Take another small cookie cutter or in my case i used the lid of a plastic juice bottle..to make a circle
inside the big circle
13. Transfer these circles to a plate cover with aluminium foil and cover it with a damp cloth and Keep it aside for an hour .
14. After an hour the dough would have risen very well...look at the pics to see the difference..
In a pan heat oil for deep frying and fry each doughnut to golden brown color and let it cool..
17.Make the Glaze by mixing water/milk with vanilla essence and powdered sugar...i used only water in
this glaze...so it was not white in color...but if we use milk instead we'll get nice white glaze.
18. Dip each doughnut in the glaze ..don't dip in fully just 1/2 or 3/4 th of the doughnut must be dipped..
19. Place these doughnuts in a wire rack and let it dry...
20. This is most important step in the whole process...... dig in...
This doughnut was very light ,airy inside and crispy outside...do i have to say more? it was absolutely divine...so friends when u crave for a doughnut try to make it at home next time...u'll surely love it..this recipe yielded about 35 doughnuts...