Hi friends this is my 100th post....and i would like to thank all my fellow blogger and friends for encouraging and motivating me...today I'm going to share a very special sweet..."Mysore pak"...I'm not a sweet tooth person but i like it if it's homemade...my son loved it...came out very delicious......
Recipe Source: vahrehvah.com
- # Besan /Chick pea Flour - 2 cups
- # Sugar - 2 cups
- # Oil- 1 and 1/4 cup
- # Ghee - 1 cup
- # Before start making Mysore pak...make sure u grease and keep the pan ready.
- # Heat oil and ghee in a pan ..this oil ghee mixture should be piping hot .
2. Add 1/4 cup hot oil...
3. Mix well with hands so that the oil is evenly mixed with the besan flour.
4. Sieve the besan and keep it aside..
5. In a big non stick pan or any heavy bottom pan ...take sugar and pour little water and make a syrup.
6. The sugar syrup should reach the single string consistency..and it will be all frothy as shown in the pic
7. Now add the already prepared besan to this little by little stirring continuously.
8. Once all the besan is added keep stirring till u see the mixture bubbles .
9. In this besan mixture pour the hot oil and ghee mixture little by little..
10. Once u add oil to besan .the mixture will froth up.keep stirring...add all the oil ghee mixture and stir..at
one point it will start to change color..
11. At this point pour this mixture to the greased pan and let it cool..
12. After 10 or 15 mins cut them into desired shapes...and let it cool completely..
Once cooled completely...Enjoy this delicious, homemade ......it was absoultely yummy ...do try it out and enjoy :):)
Sending this to these events
Diwali special sweets and savories by tickling palates
Festival of lights by Anu's Healthy Kitchen
My Diwali My Way by Khushi of A Girl's Diary
Diwali Sweet Recipes : Festival Recipes by Sameena Prathap.