- Rice -1.5 cups
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Curry leaves - a stem
- Onion - 1 small
- Mixed veggies - 1 or 2 cups (Carrot ,beans,peas ,potato and/or capsicum)
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2tsp
To Saute and Grind:-
- Spinach - a small bunch
- fennel seeds- 1tsp
- Green chillies - 4 or 5
- Garlic - 3 big pods
- Ginger -1 inch piece
- In a pan heat oil.Season with fennel seeds, garlic ,ginger ,green chillies,spinach....fore few mins...grind it and keep it aside
- In another pan heat oil and season with cumin seeds ,curry leaves then add onion,saute till transparent, veggies and saute again for few mins.
- Now add the ground spinach paste,garam masal,turmeric,salt and saute till raw smell goes..
- Add water and rice to this and cook cover till the rice is done...
this will be an easy lunch box recipe...and a good meal for kids...