Getting a perfect hard boiled egg everytime ..is not easy...sometimes the eggs will be under cooked or eggs will crack while cooking it ...sometimes i peel the egg white along with the shell...But one day, as usual i was watching Rachel Ray's Show..where she gave this tip to get a perfect hard boiled egg...this is a fool proof tip...so try it next time....
- The eggs should be in room temperature..
- In a pan take water and add salt to it and drop the eggs one by one gently.
- Wait till the water boils vigorously..
- Once the water started boiling ,cook covered for 8 mins.
- After 8 mins switch off the stove let it rest for another 8 mins..
- Now Drain the hot water from the pan..and fill it with cold water ..let the egg sit it in for a while say another 10 mins...by this time eggs should have cool down, if not change water once more..
- Now to remove the shell just tap the bottom of the egg so that it cracks a little and gently peel of the shell from there.
This way you'll get a perfect hard boiled egg everytime...